Hi, I’m Pia.
I’m a detail-focused, results-driven design professional with years of experience achieving organizational goals while maintaining high aesthetic standards. I’m highly-skilled with visual design, animation and photography. Expert in color theory, with a keen eye for style and visual composition. 3D Character/Flash animator with an excellent understanding of movement, timing, rhythm, weight, and great physical and acting skills. I’m a motivational team worker with a high sense of responsibility and commitment. I’m technically skilled, quick learning and understanding of new softwares.
Photography is one of my main tools. As a graphic designer my greatest passion is to create solid worlds with an innovative consistent visual language, that can clearly speak for a product, brand or story, and photography is certainly one of the most powerful languages for me to express those stories and messages. (To check in detail my work as a photographer , go to www.piamanzurphotography.com)
I am constantly looking for meaningful projects or activities in any of the professional fields I get involved. That is my greatest motivation and my engine in order to deliver high quality. My working methodology follows a design process that I thoroughly follow and my aims are delivering visual consistency, entertainment and clearness in the message to be delivered.view my work
Senior Motion Graphic Designer
• Creating appealing animations and videos using in-game assets for marketing campaigns. • Creating app icons, logos and assets for Play Store and App Store. • Working with layouts and graphical assets to provide an intuitive user experience • Ideating and designing concept layouts of online motion design, video, and animation content. • Working with developers and game designers to validate the concept and visual approach for a scalable asset production process.
SPARK NETWORKS GmbH
Senior Motion Graphic Designer
• Responsible for the creation and development of tv ads, creative assets, animations, and videos for this leading global dating company. • Worked directly with the UX/UI team conceptualizing ideas and creating animations for the variety of dating apps developed by the company. • Created TV ads for different markets including North America, Europe, and Australia, through concept development, storyboarding, animation, and production. • Worked on design and conceptualization of brand elements ensuring consistency and alignment with strategic marketing goals. • Created eye-catching social media animations and assets achieving excellent performance.
AERIA GAMES GmbH
Senior UI Artist & Graphic Designer
• Worked directly with developers as designing the interface for high-quality web apps. • Created UI, logo, 3D assets, and animations completely from scratch for “My Box”, an in-game mobile application integrated into the game “Immortalis”.
AERIA GAMES GmbH
Freelance Graphic Designer
• Worked directly with the Marketing team to produce new engaging assets, including UI elements/logos/backgrounds /animations for mobile games and teaser pages. • Created animated banners for web & mobile games using Adobe After Eﬀects CC and Adobe Animation CC (former Flash). • Worked with cross-functional teams, using Agile practices.
Freelance Graphic Designer and Character Animator
• Provide freelance services from this graphic design and animation studio. • Developed corporate image, design websites, and animated web banners for german e-commerce companies including Makant Europe Gmbh and Xo-Media Gmbh. • Created websites, cover arts, and music videoclips for music artists.
ZONA DE CONTACTO MAGAZINE
• Recruited to build and manage the online version of Zona de Contacto printed magazine. • Responsible for the development and coordination of design, as well as maintenance. • Managed visual design, ﬂash animations, and website banners. • Awarded 1st place in Web Design at El Mercurio Journalistic Contest.
Web & Media Designer & Photo Editor
• Performed visual design and HTML & CSS templates for feature articles and interactives. • Daily selected and organized interesting impactful images from around the world to maintain EMOL’s daily news gallery. Selection based on a thorough visual criterion considering composition, lighting, story narrative, unique style, and cultural/creative trends. Photos provided by Associated Press. • Maintained Punto Mujer a subsite dedicate to a female audience, designed weekly fashion. collections galleries, and retouched beauty/fashion images maintaining high standards of quality. • Operated camera, led filming of feature videos/live events, and edited recorded material.
COMPUTER LOVE EVENTS
Creator, Dj, Media & Graphic Designer
• Produced artistic and electronic encounters with a group of DJs, artists, and musicians. • Developed graphic material including ﬂyers and Flash animated visuals. About Computer Love: Opened a new space for underground electro bands, attracted a massive audience during the 2000s.
ZONA DE CONTACTO PRINTED MAGAZINE
• Redesigned magazine, replacing old design with a fresh new one, increasing the percentage of readers. • Awarded the 1st place in the Editorial Design category, at El Mercurio Journalistic Contest. About Zona de Contacto: Iconic pop magazine, the benchmark for Chilean 90s youth culture.
EL MERCURIO NEWSPAPER
• Designed eye-catching layouts for newspaper sections and magazines, including Tech & Sci, Art & Culture, YA Magazine, El Sabado, Revista del Domingo en Viaje. • Selected graphic material for articles and frequently supplied with illustrations • Managed pre-press preparation. • Collaborated with large teams, remaining ﬂexible and dealing with last-minute problems and tight deadlines. About El Mercurio: Chile's largest news corporation, considered "Dean of the Chilean press", manages more than 20 journals & magazines, and three online news sites, most important of them, Emol.com.
Massive Entertainment - A Ubisoft Studio
Senior Graphic Designer
- Created graphic assets (in-game & marketing use) - Participated in the game’s public visual style & tone definition in close collaboration with Brand Team and with the support of the project’s Art team. - Responsible for pitching, producing, and delivering various types of assets using game engine knowledge and leveraging 3D/2D elements.
"I had the luck to meet Pia more than fifteen years ago. Since the very beginning we realized we shared a passion for art and new media that made us spontaneously start working together on several projects of design, photography and video. Pia is an incredibly creative artist with a very unique skill to make beautiful things. She has an impressive attention to details, a great eye for composition, color theory and animation; she is technically skilled and has the ability to quickly learn new tools. Working with her is always a pleasure: she gives always good direct feedback about how to improve the final product and always delivers top-notch quality in everything she does, and she is a really fun person to work with. I highly recommend Pia, she would be a valuable asset for any team."
"I had the pleasure to welcome Pia in my team at Aeria Games to support us building a new set of high quality webapps for our growing community of players. That happened after watching closely how she transformed very rough concepts into delightful production-ready designs and animations as a freelancer. Our projects would not have been the same without Pia's outstanding passion for details. On top of that, she was highly regarded by her team colleagues, which always appreciated her proactive support during the implementation of her designs. Pia, the "wow" effect of that smoke will not be forgotten!"
"Pia is a very refined graphic artist. By giving extra dedication to all the projects she gets invloved, she delivers high quality, stylish assets. It's a luxury to work with her."
"I had the opportunity of working with Pia at "El Mercurio" newspaper. She is a great designer with an incredible artistic feel. She is aware of the latest developments in software and art. We also did some freelance job together, and always with very good results. You can trust her: she is a very good worker. "
"Pia is an excellent designer. Her work is amazing, her creativity never ends and she always was surprising with new aproaches to our work. She was in charge of designing the science and technology pages of El Mercurio newspaper. That job changes every day and the designers are challenge to be efficient, fast and creative in just a day. Pia did it perfectly, with a sense of humor, open to journalists contributions and very receptive to critics. Besides her professionalism, she is a great person, trustable, honest and easygoing. "
"Eficiente, seria, pero también altamente creativa. Pia sabe muy bien hacer su trabajo y responder bajo presión. Las mejores páginas que podíamos obtener en nuestra sección normalmente provenían de su autoría."
"Pía siempre se ha destacado por la calidad de su trabajo. Muy responsable y comprometida con sus proyectos, lo que da como resultados trabajos de excelente calidad, a nivel creativo, gráfico y tecnológico. Con el tiempo se ha seguido perfeccionando, lo que indica el gusto por hacer bien las cosas y el interés en el área que se desarrolla."
LET'S GET IN TOUCH